August 28-30 2023|
Hands-On Surgical Training (HOST) at WCPCCS 2023
Get the opportunity to perform various repairs on surgical simulation models.
Time & Location
August 28-30 2023
Washington, 801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
About the Event
In the last 8 years, the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) pioneered surgical simulation training courses using 3D printed or silicone-molded models of various congenital heart diseases.
This year at the World Congress of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, we would like to offer young career surgeons an opportunity to experience our surgical simulation models.
Two operating tables with silicone-molded heart models and all required instruments will be available during the following times:
August 28-30: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
August 31: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
The 14 spots will be provided to the interested surgeons who are accompanied by their supervisors as proctor assistants on a first-come, first-served basis. Although we offer the opportunity without any charges, the registration requires a US$200 deposit that will be refunded within one week after the World Congress.
Available Models to choose from:
- TGA 1LCx2R for arterial switch operation
- TGA 1L2RCx for arterial switch operation
- Tricuspid Atresia with Pulmonary Atresia - for right-side modified BT shunt
- HLHS with AV atresia - for Norwood-Sano procedure
- TOF with small PV annulus - for TOF repair with trans-annular patch
- TOF with large PV annulus - for PV-sparing TOF repair
- VSD - Perimembranous - for VSD closure through right atrium
- VSD - Doubly-committed - for VSD closure through pulmonary valve
- AVSD with Aortic Arch Hypoplasia - for AVSD and aortic arch repiar
- Supravalvular AS and Mild PA stenosis - for supravalvar AS and PA stenosis repiar
- Supravalvular AS and Severe PA stenosis - for supravalvar AS and PA stenosis repiar
- AVSD with TOF - for AVSD and TOF repair
- Interrupted Aortic Arch with Posterior Malalignmnet Type VSD - for aortic arch and VSD repair
- DILV, TGA and Aortic Arch Narrowing - for DKS-Norwood type aortic arch repair
- COA with Mild Arch Hypoplasia - for Coarctectomy and arch repair
- COA with Severe Arch Hypoplasia - for Coarctectomy and extended arch repair
- DORV with Remote VSD Aligned with Subaortic Outflow tract
- DORV with Subpulmonary VSD - for RV-PA baffling and arterial switch
- DORV with Subaortic VSD
- Truncus Arteriosus II
- LVOT and AV stenosis for Ross-Konno operation
- CCTGA with Small VSD - for atrial and arterial switch operation & VSD closure
- CCTGA with VSD and LVOTO - for atrial switch and aortic translocation or Rastelli procedures
- Subvalvar and Valvar AS - for modified Konno procedure and Ozaki AVR
- Bicuspid AV stenosis and Aortopathy - for Ross operation with aortoplasty
- DORV with HLHS. S/P BCPC for modified Fontan Operation